World’s hottest pepper burns hole in man’s throat

World’s hottest pepper burns hole in man’s throat

The world’s hottest pepper burned a hole in a man’s throat. The 47-year-old victim, identified only as an American, suffered a nearly 1-inch tear in his esophagus after chowing down on a burger covered in a ghost-pepper puree, according to the Journal of Emergency Medicine. The burger was smothered in a sauce made from bhut jolokia peppers, which measure 1 million units on the Scoville scale — 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce. After eating the burger, he vomited and writhed in pain. He was rushed to a hospital, where he spent the next 23 days — eventually being discharged with a gastric tube.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>